Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Port's In Place

Praise the Lord, my dad's port was successfully placed - this will allow doctors/nurses to administer all his chemo drugs, inject CT contrast, and draw blood for lab work in this one place. Hopefully it will be less painful than getting stuck multiple times with a needle. My mom and I are at SCCA waiting for my dad to wake up from his sedation. Dad, still drowsy: "I am warm and comfortable and I just want to sleep through the night here." Too bad we didn't bring a camera today, there were all sorts of pictures we could've taken during pre and post procedure.

My dad's procedure started almost an hour late, so while we were waiting, we looked through all the photos we received today from Phil (great timing!).
My mom wanted to make sure Koko got representation, so here he is (we're sitting on a wooden bench my dad made during his wood carving days):
And of course the family babies, who bring so much energy and laughter to all of us. They've turned our entire family into cooing baby talkers.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that. Gary, your dad has great smile. But his pictures you posted all look too formal.
    -Uncle Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koko definitely knows how to post. The babies, how cute!

    Praise the Lord for first successful "landing".

    ReplyDelete