Sunday, May 9, 2010

Medical Itinerary

When I hear the word "itinerary", I think of my flight or hotel itinerary for a trip to somewhere relaxing or fun. Unfortunately, this week I learned of another way to use this word. SCCA emailed "Mack's Medical Itinerary" - a listing of all the times my dad has to go in for different appointments. The following is his itinerary for this coming week, in preparation for chemo beginning 5/19:

M 5/10: 8:15am Blood draw, 9:30am patient education on port-care
T 5/11: 1:30pm Port prep, 2:30pm Port placement, 3:45pm recovery
F 5/14: 8:00am Heart scan, 9:30am patient education with GI oncologist, 10:30am patient education on chemo and side effects

Please pray especially for my dad's port placement on Tuesday. There is also a chemo drug that the oncologist has proposed which is extremely toxic and damaging to internal organs - my dad is seeking whether or not he should use this drug.

My dad went down to LA this weekend for just two days to see his family. He wanted to talk to his parents before his chemo treatments started up again, since they cannot easily travel. My dad also shared the gospel again with his parents, who are not yet believers. We are grateful that he had the time to make that trip, and also glad that all of his siblings will gather here in Seattle for a couple days in July.

1 comment:

  1. It is 2:30 pm now, are we safe landed yet? Mack, hold down tight! We are here pray for the pain and reaction can reduce to minimum. God's mercy on you!

    David and Julia

    ReplyDelete