Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day!

My mom apologized once for being sick, and causing us to have to start worrying and taking care of them so early on (since both my parents got sick in their early 50’s). Of course I think she’s absolutely ridiculous to even think that, because we’re not “sacrificing” anything to take care of them, we haven’t even been taking care of them!

People don’t understand how strong my mom is – I wish people had the chance to see her like how we get to at home. She cooks eight-dish meals for our family twice a week. She drives all around on her own to run errands, and often buys groceries for us kids too. She doesn’t pity herself for the stroke she had, but does everything on her own. Even if it takes her a little more time, she won’t ask for help because she doesn’t like to trouble us. She can hike along with us, and doesn’t complain even if it hurts her leg. She strives to work on her arm movement even though it’s difficult, painful, and progress is slow.

She encourages us to love the Lord more, and leads by example at home. She does everything she can to take care of my dad, and her dad, and all of us too. We love you, mom!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's day and Happy all the time! Loving and care, tender and beautiful, always put God and family first before you...You are my role model.

    ReplyDelete