Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week One in ShenZhen

My parents held their first English Bible Study at the hospital yesterday - 12 people attended. They read from Isaiah and sang some hymns. Cool huh?

Everyone in the family has been able to skype with my parents (even my grandfather, who is so excited about the fact that it's free, and my parents can see us and we can see them!) My parents have quick access to different foods/restaurants, there's a nearby Wal-Mart, and a stadium/field next door, where they exercise in the mornings.

My dad has been going through all sorts of tests, every day. The 11th will be the first dosage of gene therapy. Praying that all goes smoothly!

Some brothers and sisters have taken 1.5 hour bus rides to go see my parents in the hospital, and some of them never even met my parents before! Every one is so kind and loving. It makes me realize my own shortcomings - for the friends/family who have gone through difficult times before my parents, I didn't do a good enough job trying to show my concern, help, prayers, etc. Being on the receiving end, it's really easy to see that some people really are especially gifted in this manner. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment