Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Great Firewall

One difficulty from being in China is that many sites which we take for granted in accessing in the US are blocked! My parents cannot view this blog (all blogspots are blocked), and also cannot view facebook, picasa, youtube, yahoo messenger, etc. Please do not take it personally if they are not responding to you while they are away - just assume it's the great firewall in full force.

In the meantime, in preparation for us being in China for one month with my parents, I've been trying to figure out some alternatives for keeping people posted about everything. I think I might've found a blog site that is still open in China...I will let you know when it comes closer to that time.

4 comments:

  1. try this site, don't know how well you can read in Chinese, but use the translation bar it may help. me and my friend from China exchange comments from this site, has no problem. it works like the facebook. good lucky. say hi to your parents for me.
    http://zh.netlog.com/
    May Roark

    May Roark

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is another one you can try.
    http://blog.ifeng.com/
    May

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie,

    Since they cannot review this site, please do inform them that many brothers and sister continue to pray for them. Also, we praise God for their witness with the Bible study.
    Please send our love and thoughts to them.

    Dry Dad (LLH)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Connie,

    You can also sign up with services such as www.logmein.com, to access your computer in the US from China. Only vedio gets transferred, so you jump over the great firewall. I used it many times in China without trouble.

    Our prayers are with your dad!

    Yong Zhang

    ReplyDelete