Friday, August 6, 2010

Home, Sweet Home

We came home to wonderful, Seattle summer weather. My mom actually thinks it's a bit on the warm side, because we've had AC blasting the whole time in China. We enjoyed a picnic dinner at Matthews Beach last night for Gary's birthday.

Usually my mom is pretty strict about what my dad is allowed to eat. But this time, my dad had a blast with all the snacks we brought - Dad: "We should have picnics more often."

Everyone says how handsome my dad is. Dad is surprised that he looks more handsome now that he's older. Doing some stretching after eating:

And, dad being yeh-yeh (grandfather):

Speaking of which, while we were in China, my parents were riding a packed bus, and some people stood up from their seats. My parents hurriedly sat down, thinking the people were getting off at the next stop. It turns out, the people were just giving up their seats specifically for my parents, because they looked like senior citizens! Doh.

3 comments:

  1. L. Hsu (Hsu, Chia-Chi)August 6, 2010 at 4:39 PM

    Glad to hear that you are all back in Seattle! We praise God for the continued great news on Mack's health!!
    We will continue to remember to pray for you all. Our Lord is great and His love and mercies endures forever!!

    Chia-Chi

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MIGOODNESs!!!!

    WELCOME HOME! I am SO EXCITED that you're back! unfortunately i've already started my job in Portland but doood. When I go back and visit I am going to give them a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. Your parents are old! ahahah just kidding. :)I wouldn't give up my seat on the subway for them.. hahah Just kidding again. Okay, I'm going to get myself in trouble so I'd better stop here.

    ReplyDelete